- Go to Google My Business and click the "Sign In" button in the upper right hand corner. This will redirect you to a new screen.
- Sign in to your Google account. Enter in the email address and password associated with any Google or Gmail account you own.
- Once you have signed in you will then see your Google My Business account. Scroll to the bottom of your screen to the Locations section. This area will show you any listings you own and manage for your business. You may see one, multiple, or no listings. Click on your listing.
If you see none then that means that the Google account you logged in to does not manage your listing. Try logging out and signing in to another one. If you do not have any Google accounts that manage your listing then please follow our instructions to Claim Your Google Listing below.
- Locate the Who has access section in the right hand column of your screen. This will show the admins that have access to your page. Click on the Pencil icon.
- A new window called Manage permissions has popped up. Click on the icon in the upper right-hand corner of a "+" sign with an image of a person.
- A new window called Add new users has popped up. Please add one of the following email addresses as an Owner onto your page. Please make sure iMatrix is made an owner of your listing in order for us to create your Google+ page. After you have added our email address then click Invite.
Please add the corresponding email as a manager for Google Plus:
|Chiropractic ▷▶||[email protected] ➞||Tom Yorkie|
|Veterinary ▷▶||[email protected] ➞||Mark Chang|
|Optometry ▷▶||[email protected] ➞||Rhett Tina|
|Beauty ▷▶||[email protected] ➞||Temperance Lushtresses|
|Acupuncture ▷▶||[email protected] ➞||Gwen Smith|
|Dental ▷▶||[email protected] ➞||Denise Dolores|
Congratulations! You have successfully added iMatrix as an admin to your Google+ listing. Please note: manager invites are generally processed within one business week if we are not notified. Please call or submit a ticket to confirm that our email has been invited as a manager to the page. Thanks!
- Sign in to your Google account. Go to google.com. If you are not signed in, then in the upper right hand corner of your screen you will see a blue "Sign In" button. If you are signed in, then you will see an image instead.
- Go to the website business.google.com. To confirm you went to the right website you will see a "Google My Business" logo in the upper left hand corner of your screen.
- Click on the circular and magenta "+" icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. This will reveal two new icons above it.
- Click the topmost pin icon. This icons looks like a pin with a plus sign within it. This is the "Add a Location" button. You will be directed to a new screen titled "Add your business" that shows a map and a form to the left hand side of your screen.
- Fill out the form with your information. This form allows Google to see if you already have a pre-existing verified listing.
- Click the blue Continue button at that bottom of the form. Thereafter a small pop-up window will appear. If your business already has a verified listing then the pop-up window will give you a hint and show you which email address already owns it. This could belong to you or a staff member. If you recognize this email address then simply click the "Account Recovery" link and follow the steps from there! If you do not recognize or have access to this email address then you can request ownership of the listing by clicking on the blue button labeled "Request ownership". You will then be directed to a new page called "Request admin rights".
- Fill out this form. The level of access you want is "Owernship". This form is used to send the owner of the listing an email.
- Click the blue Submit button at the bottom of this form. Completing this form will send both you and the owner of the listing an email. Google will give them 7 days to respond to this email and give you access to the listing. After 7 days have passed and if the owner of the page has not responded, return to this same email and click on the blue "View Request" button. This will open a new window.
- Click the blue "verify" button. This means that, since the owner of the page has taken no action, you now have the ability to verify you can claim it!
- Click the radio button to agree to Google's Terms and Conditions. This will take you to a new screen called "Verify your business". This is the last step!
- Choose a method to verify your listing. Text and phone are the easiest methods since they are immediate. Once you verify your listing you complete! From here simply give iMatrix a call and we can walk you through the final steps to add us as an owner and optimize your page.
These instructions explain how to gain access to your Google Maps listing and verify it! Verifying a listing ensures that your clients can leave you reviews and easily find you on Google search. These steps are all due to Google's process but we are here to help you through it.