Google My Business
In addition to Facebook and Instagram, Google My Business is another way to brand your company through our Social Media platform. This feature is available to new and current clients with a verified My Business listing.
What is Google My Business?
My Business is Google’s directory of business listings. By claiming a My Business listing, doctors can control what information is displayed about their practice on the Google Knowledge Panel, which appears on the side of some search results. My Business listings also appear on Google Maps and in the Local Pack for geographic search queries.
What are Google Posts for My Business?
Posts are a new feature of Google My Business that allows businesses to display messages in the Knowledge Panel on Google search, and on Google Maps. Each post can contain up to 300 words, and include photos and links.
Why are they important?
Posts are another way practices can control how their practice is presented in search results. Posts on My Business listings expire after seven days, so having frequent updates is crucial to having your listing stand out.
Claim your business listing through Google Maps
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- In the search bar, enter your business name.
- Click your business name and make sure to select the correct location.
- Click Claim this business Manage now.
- Select a verification option, and follow the on-screen steps.
Request Ownership by following these steps
- Go to business.google.com/add
- Enter the name and address of your business, then select it from the search results.
- Click Continue. You'll see a message indicating that someone else verified the listing. Otherwise, you can claim and verify the listing yourself.
- Click Request access and fill out the form.
- Click Submit. The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email.
What to do after you've requested ownership
Once you've requested ownership, the current listing owner will have 7 days to respond. You can check the status of your request by signing in to Google My Business or clicking the link in your confirmation email.
If your request is approved
If your ownership request is approved, you'll be notified by email and will be able to manage the listing in Google My Business.
If your request is denied
If you don't hear back
If you don't get a response after 7 days, you might have the option to claim the listing yourself. Just sign in to Google My Business and look for a Claim or Verify button on your dashboard. (If you don't see an option to claim the listing, that means it's not eligible to be transferred.)
Connect iMatrix to your GMB
Please email [email protected] with your Google My Business name. We will then send an invite within 48 business hours of your email. Please note this invitation with expire after 24-48 hours.